Saturday 31 December 2011

Farewell 2011

It's a bit sad saying goodbye to you.  You've been an up and down kind of year, but with an awful lot of very dear memories packed into your days and nights. 

2011 is going out in a damp squib weather wise.  It's unseasonably warm though, strange following two such hard winters.  We've taken advantage and been out and about with visitors, Tenby was a great hit. 

Tenby in late December, still beautiful.
Wednesday we decided to walk around the dam (as an antidote to Christmas telly), about 6.5 miles.  Last year we would have required snow boots and sledges.  This year it was a tad damp underfoot due to all the rain we've had just recently, on finishing I was most relieved that we hadn't fallen in the deep muddy tracks; as it was we had to pile in the wet room together - clothes on!

But still nothing puts me off and there's nowhere else I'd rather be all the same.  Which is just as well, as it's here I shall be in 2012.

Brooding skies.
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i chi gyd.

3 comments:

the veg artist said...

I took a photo of the 'Grand Designs' lifeboat station this week too! It was sunny when we were there, but bitterly cold.
Been hiding from the drizzle the rest of the time!
All the best for 2012!

Rachel Selby said...

Happy New Year. I'm glad I found you in 2011 and I look forward to blogging with you in 2012. Btw - your photo that you sent me has been enlarged and is at the framers. When I get it back I will write a post about it with pictures. xxx

Lins' lleisio said...

the veg artist... I missed that programme, just waiting for it to come round again :) Wow Midlife, I am so honoured and bowled over. I shall look out for the post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...