Sunday 20 November 2011

Continuity - in one day.

This morning I went to church and passed the newly dedicated seat to Gran and Grandad that Her Next Door had organised.  

Sweethearts together again...
You've seen lots of pictures of Gran, but here is Grandad in his younger days looking very smart in his Scout uniform. And next to him my daughter G10 wearing her Guide outfit ready to take part in a concert and play her violin this afternoon.  She's following in Grandad's footsteps and made us all here, and those looking down on her, very proud.    

My lovely Grandad as a King's Scout circa 1930 and G10 today.

6 comments:

Rob-bear said...

Ah, yes. I was a Queen's Scout in Canada, long ago. (I still am, actually.) I understand the ethos connected. G10 is in a good tradition.

Maggie Christie said...

The seat is a lovely idea - nicely situated to rest before or after tackling that path!

the veg artist said...

What a lovely spot for a bench. The churchyard is beautiful, if steep, and that's a lovely spot to sit and ponder, or even sit and not think at all.

Rachel Selby said...

What an idyllic spot to go and just think. We must come and see it one of these days.

helloitsgemma said...

oh love this - really made me smile, love the photo of Grandad!

Anonymous said...

How lovely is the seat. Beautiful photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...