Wednesday 16 March 2011

Hectic

Life has been a little hectic this last week or so with my Gran going into hospital.  Trying to organise our extended family so we always manage to attend the visiting hours has been something of a juggling act, added to that J is having to travel away for work at the end of this week, so we are a car and a man down.

Her Next Door drives, but only really when she has to. The hospital is 10 miles away, so it is quite a trek with dodgy bends and people daring to either go in the same direction or approach her from the other way.  Did I mention she is a nervous driver...  The car park of the hospital itself seems to have very slim parking bays and it is continuously full to the brim. Which rather puts her off.  So whilst J is manning work Him Next Door and I tend to do the driving shifts for one of the twice daily visiting sessions.  J helps out with the odd evening and when needed at the weekend, although we have lots of other family visitors also sharing the load then. This is a great help as at least for the weekends it affords us natives of The Booth some 'down' time.


Added to the mix is making sure G9 gets to all her after school activities - although we are failing a bit at the latter end of this week when we only have the one car available.  My wonderful friend Preseli Mags is helping us out on Wednesday and Friday, so Wednesday it means Her & Him Next Door make it on time for the afternoon visiting session and on Friday G9 will not miss Brownies at least.

Where would we be without supportive family, friends and neighbours I ask myself.

4 comments:

Rob-bear said...

"We get by with a little help from our friends," the Group sang. 'Twas never truer! It is especially at times like this that the commitment and support of friends and family is so important.

Kath said...

Real people are more important than us virtual peeps, so don't apologise when real life gets in the way. It happens to all of us. Take care of yourself!! xx

the veg artist said...

That car park is one of the worst I know. I was blocked in a space there a while ago - by a nurse who had given up trying to find a proper space, and left her details on my windscreen. She then had to come out to 'free' me when I was ready to leave. And they were still charging at that time.
I've always found the staff lovely though. Hope your Gran is feeling better soon.

rae-ann said...

I just came across your lovely blog (thanks for leaving a comment on mine today). I love how you and your family seem so close and supportive and how they all followed you when you 'emigrated'! I hope your Gran is better soon :)

Mrs green @littlegreenblog.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...